يادداشت هاي پاپيون/Papillon By Notes

Metonymy and the City

( Tuesday, July 29, 2008 .. (english) off-topic society )

I was considering setting up a blog on manners, literature and arts just now. I am an art major, yet my pursuit of arts and literature are of a personal accomplishment nature. My line of profession is way different.

Again I see this is not an answer to any particular interest to communicate my ideas publicly, as they are not easily received in non-professional contexts. The motive is then not an exchange of ideas, instead organising and expanding my own. Or the urge to speak out things that I hardly ever express explicitly, those of derogating pre- and post-revolution Iran and people's lack of civility. This deficiency happens to constantly pique me. And about that others mostly grouch without the slightest inclination to study matters in a systematic, objective way.

There is actually no Zeitgeist recognisable in post-revolution Iran. Which means there are no de facto codes of behaviour, urban design or culture that exhibit civil qualities. I have not found an ounce of clarity about the word "civil" in Iran. This is not a topic I would, or sometimes could, discuss with people without pulling down dramatically a criticism. Either brief or prolonged, my rhetoric skills barely convey a point. Because for my fellow citizens, "talking", and hence listening, is only a poor, messy and not at all charming action and is rather like jolting a limb.


*

Speaking out the situation has never been my devoted endeavour. Because of that my intermittent attention to the matter does not prepare me to come out all mighty here, ready to be heard much seriously. Rather avoiding playing the "stand-up philosopher," I wish devoting a little time in this blog would let me write enough to get good at pointing out with intelligence the right and wrong in the course of the society, in terms of civility. Either way, I know my interest in taking such a job, is all but to wane. Hence I'll give it a time before starting anything, so not to make myself subject to ridicule or amusement of any possible audience.


بايگانی





This is a Blogger.Spreadfirefox Affiliate Button