يادداشت هاي پاپيون/Papillon By Notes

Long way

( Friday, November 21, 2008 .. (english) draft literature politics society )

I very much liked this sentence I wrote sometime ago, "propriety is confined to wives of diplomats and gentlemen of socialite." I liked it as a literary attempt. But, replacing "propriety" with all the higher qualities a man can possess, it also has a point about me, about my humble background, and that follows where I could end up; It takes years and years, if ever, for me to figure out simple facts about life, work, civil existence, urban-social development and the dominating political, urban and social patterns in Iran and the world today. This is a poor augury for the foreseeable lifestyle afterwards. With a lot of similar people crowding the country, it's poor status is inevitable. Should I left it to its fate, or should I come to its assistance?

It's seemed to me now and then there are so much things wrong with my very immediate family up to Iran even trying to fight back is pathetic. But there are times, very very rare times, which I feel strangely an eluding hope in, in the moment it seems I've been chasing it, yearning for it, so a long time I can't even remember what's been before. These are when someone says somethings encouraging, supportive and I am simply overwhelmed. That could be what you forgot you always wanted to hear from a parent, or just reading a poem (Love is Lemony,) seemingly so strangely irrelevant, but that encourages that Iran has enough people left in, or out of, it willing and capable to contribute to making it right. Just give me some more, what, Love is Lemony, and it will be o/k. Iran will be o/k. So someone translates poetry to give some modern Iranian literary piece a life outside the country, and it is encouraging in the way that this remote practice helps animate Iran's cultural life. I even have myself going. I've yearned for an encouraging thought, saying or gesture so much, that a most single one makes me believe. Isn't it cruel? To think there is enough good will, capable, to make things right. Perhaps either it's that I am pessimistic when I'm down, or when inspired I'm too happy to remember all the obstacles I've had always rightly seen.

Part of my immediate family is about to leave Iran and stay in some far destination, this is one final motive making my parents impatient, to join with them, to leave Iran for good. With things getting serious, I'm beginning to consider Russia or western Europe. Politics, civility, education, industrialisation, going up the ladder of those less developed countries. It's a long way before me, before people, and it could be very cruel this world, if we do not play it right. Do we?


بايگانی





This is a Blogger.Spreadfirefox Affiliate Button